GLOBE news post Code of Ethics
Journalists and all other collaborators (administrators, editors, authors) who work or provides collaboration for GLOBE news post are bonded for the following rules:
1. They have the duty to maintain the highest professional and/or ethical standards.
2. They shall at all times defend the principle of freedom of press and other media in the selection and collection of information and the expression of comment and criticism.
3. They shall strive to eliminate distortion, news suppression and censorship.
4. They shall strive to ensure that comment and conjecture are not presented as fact. They shall ensure that what they write is fair and accurate and not falsified by distortion, selection or misrepresentation.
5. They shall rectify promptly any harmful inaccuracies, ensuring that correction and apologies receive due prominence. They shall afford the right of reply to people criticised on issues of major importance.
6. They shall obtain from others information, photographs and illustrations only by straightforward and honest means. The use of other means can be justified only by the over-riding consideration of the public interest. They are entitled to exercise a personal conscientious objection to the use of such means.
7. They shall do nothing to intrude into private grief and distress, except when outweighed by substantial public interest.
8. They shall protect confidential sources of information.
9. They shall not allow personal interest, or any belief, commitment, payment, gift or benefit, to undermine accuracy, fairness or independence.
10. They shall not lend himself/herself to the distortion or suppression of the truth because of advertising or other considerations.
11. They shallnot place unnecessary emphasis on personal characteristics, including race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation, family relationships, religious belief, or physical or intellectual disability.
12. They shallnot take private advantage of information gained in the course of their duties, before that information is public knowledge.
13. They shall identify themselves and its quality of colaborator of GLOBE news post before obtaining any interview for publication.
14. They shall make reference to the public source of information in order to avoid plagiarize